Kirkland Summerfest 2017
Now accepting applications for 2017
Deadline to apply extended to June 15th
Kirkland Downtown Association SummerFest 2017 - Call to Artists and Makers
(Friday Aug 11th 3-8p, Saturday Aug 12th 11-7p, Sunday Aug 13th 11-5p)
Are you an Artist or Maker?
We want you to come celebrate Kirkland Summerfest’s 6th year.
Summerfest is quickly becoming Kirkland’s premiere summer festival for art, music, food, and family fun on the waterfront. August 11th-13th 2017, Kirkland will celebrate its largest festival featuring visual and preforming arts, kids activities, and live entertainment, with over 100 vendors and food trucks on the streets of downtown.
This year’s SummerFest promises to be our best yet. In addition to our usual live music, kids activities, food trucks, vendors, and beer and wine gardens, the Artist’s Booths are happily returning to Park Lane, the core of beautiful downtown Kirkland. The organizers have put their full support behind the arts by providing the opportunity for participating artists to sell their work on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. On Sunday, the festival will devote the entire day to Art on Park Lane for selected artists this 3 day opportunity will provide a tremendous potential for increased sales and visibility. We look forward to seeing you!
There will be two options for artist participation:
Option one: Three Day participation- 37 spaces available
Option two: Saturday Only participation- 13 spaces available
37 Artists booths will operate Friday 3-8p, Saturday 11-7pm & Sunday 11-5pm.
13 Saturday Only booths will operate Saturday 11-7pm
Arts & Craft Vendor Space: Application/Jury fee: $15.00
Fri-Sun (3 days) participation fee:
10x10 booth space: $300
10x20 booth space: $600
Saturday Only artists (1 day) participation fee:
10x10 booth space: $200
10x20 booth space: $400
Festival Dates: (artists on Park Lane are Fri-Sun)
Friday Aug 11th 3-8p (load in for "Three Day" artists on Park Lane will be Fri morning, Aug
11th, all vehicles must be removed by 1pm)
Saturday Aug 12th 11-7p (load in for "Saturday Only" artists on Park Lane will be Sat morning,
Aug 12th, all vehicles must be removed by 9:00am)
Sunday Aug 13th 11-5p (take down Sun 5-8p)
Info for Artists:
- Because Summerfest charges a flat booth fee, Artists keep 100% of their sales, Summerfest does not take a commission
- Over the past years, Summerfest has drawn 30,000+ attendees
- All artist mediums welcome to apply
- Artists must be present in their space, both days of the festival
- Artists may share a space, however, all artists names and into must be on the application
- Artist applications are juried by a mixed group of artists, gallery owners, art educators, and curators. Each application is seen by 7-9 jurors and is scored on skill, technique, originality, and presentation.
- The Kirkland Summerfest website will feature an artist section with links to your website
- The festival will be held rain or shine, come prepared
- Vendors are responsible for providing booth structures with canopy, racks, tables, display unites, fixtures, etc. All display materials must be suitable for outdoor usage. Booth/tent weights are require, one 40+lb weight per tent leg, if you do not have weights you will be asked to leave, no exceptions!
- Booth sitters will be available Fri, Sat and Sun and volunteers will bring by water
- Summerfest reserves the right, if circumstances demand, to change the location of allocated space, slightly reduced or increase the size of space, or otherwise alter the shape of space allocated. The festival also reserves the right to rearrange the layout of unoccupied areas, alter entrances and exits to and from the site, and to undertake other structural alterations
Dates to remember:
June 1st - APPLICATION DEADLINE (EXTENDED: June 15th)
June 25th- Vendors notified of acceptance
July 10th- Full Booth Fee Due
Cancellation Policy: Booth refund if cancellation is before July 10th 2017, after this date, absolutely no refunds will be given.
Aug 11th-13th- Kirkland Summerfest
(load in for artists on Park Lane will be Fri morning, Aug 11th, all vehicles must be removed by 3p)
(load in for artists on Park Lane will be Sat morning, Aug 12th, all vehicles must be removed by 9:30a)
For more information or questions contact: Ryan James firstname.lastname@example.org