FOOD VENDOR GUIDELINES
March 3 Application deadline
March 31 Notification of jury results emailed to all organizations
April 14 Booth fee due (See below for cancellation policy/deadline)
June 16 Cancellation deadline to receive refund
July 6 Booth assignments and set-up info emailed/ Certificate of Insurance due
August 9 & 10 Festival - 11 am to 6 pm daily
August 9 & 10 Commission payments due by 8 pm
All applicants must submit a complete application by March 3, 2014.
Booth sharing is strictly prohibited.
- The Food Vendor Fee includes a booth flat fee related to booth size, fees for a BBQ space, if applicable, and a 20% commission on gross receipts over the stated minimum. (See application for fees) Kirkland Summerfest counts on the honesty of vendors to report accurate sales and pay appropriately.
- Payment for your booth and BBQ flat fees must be made at the time of acceptance.
- Booth fees will be refunded (less a $20 processing fee) if cancellation is received before June 16, 2014.
Booth Technical Information
- Booth space sizes are as stated on the application, associated with your Booth Fee and BBQ space fee.
- Vendors must stay within the booth space, including side awnings, walkways, etc.
- Any proposed changes to the Application’s technical information must be provided to the Festival in writing by June 16, 2014 and must be approved by the Festival.
Certificate of Insurance - The VENDOR shall procure and maintain for the duration of the Salmon Days Festival (including set up and breakdown) insurance against claims for injuries to persons or damage to property which March arise from or in connection with the performance of the work hereunder by the VENDOR, their agents, representatives, employees or subcontractors. VENDOR’S maintenance of insurance as required by the agreement shall not be construed to limit the liability of the VENDOR to the coverage provided by such insurance, or otherwise limit the KIRKLAND DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION and CITY OF KIRKLAND’s recourse to any remedy available at law or in equity. Insurance is to be placed with insurers with a current A.M. Best rating of not less than A:VII. Any payment of deductible or self-insured retention shall be the sole responsibility of the VENDOR.The VENDOR shall provide a Certificate of Insurance and additional insured endorsement page(s) evidencing Commercial General Liability insurance written on an ISO occurrence basis form CG 00 01 and shall cover liability arising from premises, operations, property damage, independent contractors and personal injury and advertising injury, with limits no less than $1,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate.
The KIRKLAND DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION and CITY OF KIRKLAND, its officers, volunteers and agents shall be named as an additional insured on the insurance policy, as respects actions performed by or on behalf of the VENDOR and a copy of the endorsement naming the KIRKLAND DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION and CITY OF KIRKLAND as additional insured shall be attached to the original Certificate of Insurance and provided to the Festival Office no later than Friday, June 16, 2014. The KIRKLAND DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION reserves the right to request certified copies of any required insurance policies. The VENDOR’S insurance shall contain a clause stating that coverage shall apply separately to each insured against whom claim is made or suit is brought, except with respects to the limits of the insurer’s liability. The VENDOR’S insurance shall be primary insurance with respect to the KIRKLAND DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION and CITY OF KIRKLAND and both shall be given thirty (30) days prior written notice of any cancellation, suspension or material change in coverage.
Commission Payment & Sales Reporting
- All Vendors must report Kirkland Summerfest gross receipts and make their commission payment at checkout, Sunday, August 10, 2014 by 8 pm. Kirkland Summerfest counts on the honesty of vendors to report accurate sales and pay appropriately.
- Food vendors are required to bring or purchase compostable ware for serving food. Details will be in the vendor acceptance email.
- All street booths must bring eight (8) stanchions and two (2) 50’ lengths of rope. Vendor must stanchion customer line if it extends into the street and causes congestion.
Contact Star Moser, Hollywood Lights, 206-838-5063 or 800-547-2353.
Health and Fire
- Vendor must have appropriate King County Department of Public Health permits and complete all documentation for pre-approval as required by Eastside Fire & Rescue.
- Vendor is responsible for a clean booth area, free of debris, for providing a trash can for inside the booth and for disposing of all garbage and recyclables as directed by the Festival. If booth area is not left clean at the end of the Festival, vendor may be charged a $100 booth clean-up fee.
Hours of Operation
- Festival hours are 11 am – 6 pm and all Vendors must be open during this time, Saturday and Sunday, August 9 and 10, 2014.
- Marina Park Booths may remain open until 10:30pm to accommodate concert attendees.
- Only menu items (at prices) listed on the Vendor application may be sold at the Festival.
- Changes/additions are only allowed with pre-approval by the Festival prior to June 30, 2014.
- All applications are evaluated on reputation, menu, experience, booth appearance and past history with Salmon Days.
- Application and past participation does not guarantee acceptance.
- The Kirkland Summerfest reserves the right to refuse any application or withdraw acceptance, in which case the vendor booth and BBQ fees will be returned in full.
- Notification emails regarding acceptance will be sent to applicants on or about March 31, 2014.
Sales Tax & Washington State UBI
- The Festival purchases a temporary city business license from the City of KIRKLAND for each Artist. Artists are responsible for collecting, reporting, and paying WA state sales tax under Sales Tax Code #1714. Washington Staterequires a UBI (Uniform Business Identifier). To obtain a UBI, call Trina Grey at (206) 727-5326 or Fax: (206) 727-5319, email: TrinaG@dor.wa.gov or website: www.dor.wa.gov. This also applies to out of state vendors.
Security - Booth structure and contents, including inventory, are the sole responsibility of the Artist. The Festival, KIRKLAND DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION and the City of KIRKLAND do not assume any responsibility for injury to persons, loss or damage to any property of the Artists, including theft, accidents or acts of God.
- Vendors are not allowed to ‘rove’ with their merchandise at any time.
- No alcoholic beverages, loud music, televisions or ‘hawking’ are allowed within or in the vicinity of your booth.
- Menu items in glass containers are not allowed.
- The Festival reserves the right to restrict any activities that interfere with public access and/or Festival programming.
- Vendors may not advertise outside of their booth space including use of rovers, flyers and sandwich boards.
Set Up & Take Down
- Vendors will be advised of the load-in time (early on Saturday morning, August 9, 2014) after acceptance. Set-up must be complete and vehicles must be removed from the street by 8:30 am on Saturday and Sunday. Late arrivals must walk in their supplies.
- Load-out begins after 6:30 pm on Sunday, August 10, 2014. Vehicles are allowed access as soon as the KIRKLAND Police Dept. declares that it is safe to open the streets.
- Vendors must provide their own booths, equipment, signs, and electrical cords.
- Signs must look professional.
- Handwritten signs are not allowed.
- Only the Booth Name, as stated on the application are allowed on the signage.
- The Kirkland Summerfest name, logo, and theme are trademarked. Any use must be pre-approved by the Festival Office.
Vehicles are allowed access as soon as the KIRKLAND Police Dept. declares that it is safe to open the streets. All booths, vehicles and vendor debris must be removed from the Festival grounds by 8pm, Sunday, August. 6.
If Booth area is not left clean at the end of the Festival, Vendor will be charged a $100 Booth Clean-Up Fee.
INDEMNITY AND WAIVER
The APPLICANT shall indemnify and hold the DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION (Festivals Office) and CITY OF KIRKLAND and its agents, employees and/or officers, harmless from and shall process and defend at its own expense any and all claims, demands, suits, at law or equity, actions, penalties, loss, damages, or costs, of whatsoever kind or nature, brought against the DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION (Festivals Office) and CITY OF KIRKLAND arising out of, or in connection with, or incident to, the execution of this Agreement and/or APPLICANT’S performance or failure to perform any aspect of this Agreement; provided, however, that if such claims are caused by, or result from, the concurrent negligence of the DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION (Festival Office) and CITY OF KIRKLAND, its agents, employees, and/or officers, this indemnity provisions shall be valid and enforceable only to the extent of the negligence of the APPLICANT; and provided further, that nothing herein shall require the APPLICANT to hold harmless or defend the DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION (Festivals Office) and CITY OF KIRKLAND, its agents, employees, and/or officers for damages or loss caused by the CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (Festivals Office) or CITY OF KIRKLAND’S sole negligence. The APPLICANT expressly agrees that the demnification provided herein constitutes the contractor’s waiver of immunity under Title 51 R.C.W., for the purposes of this Agreement. This waiver has been mutually negotiated by the parties. The provisions of this section shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.